Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Anybody want to hear about Ella?
Great write-up, thanks! [message #40234 is a reply to message #40230] Sat, 08 February 2003 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Thanks for the thoughtfully done review. And thanks for thinking 'bout us and posting here first. That's really cool of you!

You know, Stanley Chu was partners with Brian Cherry, and they were early customers of mine. Stanley and I had an ongoing dialog, and I really became quite fond of him. He was the first to point out to me that some high-efficiency speakers were "tube friendly" and others weren't. That was when I began to look for the reason why, and concluded it was impedance swings and the peaks at resonance. Stanley stopped writing a few months before his passing, and I was saddened.

But I realized way back then that these guys must be making a good product. They were conscientious and thoughtful, but at the same time they were not the sort of people that made you uncomfortable with aloofness. I really appreciate the folks over at Consonance.

One of these times, I really want to get one or two of their products too. But for now, I still need to find the time to assemble my Paramours.

Anyway, I appreciate your write-up of the Ella!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message