Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Studio Series 2Pi Comparison(long)
Re: Never have understood the hype... [message #40151 is a reply to message #40125] Wed, 05 February 2003 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
wasteh202 is currently offline  wasteh202
Master
You may have never understand the appeal of Magnaplanar speakers, but the "hype" is not all hype because there is a definate difference between box and planar and if you do not understand the difference or the hype or appeal then I seriousely doubt that you have ever heard planar speakers, or at least heard them with proper amplificaton and/or proper room set-up. Have you ever heard them set-up properly and with good amplification? If not then I would sudgest that you take a listen or keep you "non-understanding" to yourself.

< Now Mags may sound nice to some people as a "stereo", but not to me when you compare them to real music. >

The same could be said for box speakers, it just depends on your taste and frame of reference. And who made you or anybody else here the ones to decide that "the dynamics make the sound" different things sound good to different people.

I did not even post my findings at the Planar Speaker forum because many of the listeners there are too arrogant about the virtues of Maggies and too closed minded to even be supprised that the MMG's would best the 2Pi Towers(if they are even familiar with the Pi's). I would have thought there were be some open minds here to be able to post my opinions without them being questioned or disreguarded, maybe I was wrong. I hope not and there seems to be some good folks around here. I have experienced Wayne to be of great personal help in building my speakers and in fact I have followed this forum for a couple years now and I am impressed by how he deals with folks here at this forum. Wayne if you are reading this... keep up the good work!
Rodney

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: π three-way passive crossover 250Hz/1.6kHz
Next Topic: Wayne: Advice for EV LS12A drivers in Pi Alignment?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 30 15:21:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio