Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Spice download
Re: don't need to sim it [message #40070 is a reply to message #40068] Tue, 28 January 2003 09:50 Go to previous message
billfort is currently offline  billfort
Baron
Funny Sam - my problem is the polar opposite of yours. I have access to a sheet metal fabricating shop with NC turret presses - holes of any size and shape are as easy as drawing them with CAD. What I don't get at this stage is circuit design and construction layout. I'm trying to learn and will soon start on a 300B SET amp but I'm sticking with an established design (Angela 91) and will be building it along with a few others who can give me guidance when I need it. This is why I said kit - scratch built from circuit layouts, when even the circuit layout doesn't fit my requirements, seems to be way over my head.

I want to bi-amp Altec 604-8Gs with 2 300B SET amps (speakers at www.wardsweb.org/Billfort/). I am looking for a 1500hz, 2nd order crossover and the horn is maybe 6db more efficient than the 100db woofer. These speakers have a somewhat hot midrange so I thought Wayne's approach of using compensation on the horn would be perfect. I had read that the Marchand tube unit can be configured this way but the price has scared me off so far and I'm not interested in solid state.

I'll watch for your progress with this and maybe pick your brain if you don't mind, but something tells me I'm going to bend over and pony up for the Marchand :( .

Thanks for the advise. Billfort

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Latest high efficiency Ice House P.A. speaker with cryo'd components
Next Topic: Theater 4pi audition
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 13:12:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout