Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Using Pi with SS gear...
oops, didn't really get the big question [message #40009 is a reply to message #40006] Wed, 22 January 2003 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ToFo is currently offline  ToFo
Master
Grain-o-salt is in order, I will try not to overstate though.

How they sound, ahhh. Dynamics are real, percussion and brass just fly out into the room. The bass is so good that a bass playing friend of mine built some after one listening session(no kidding). The Pi's do overtones and upper harmonics very honestly. I now feel that as a trend, a lot of the audiophile speakers out there, win the fight for good overtones at the expense of the fundamentals. I still hear all of the air, breath and texture, but with many speakers I hear a wet breathy, 3 foot wide mouth in space. With the Pi I hear somebody singing. A person, with a nose and a throat and heaven forbid a chest. Maybe it's boring, but when people sing, I just want it to sound like somebody standing over there singing. I helped my brother record a song last week and when I played it on the Pi's I freaked. I was sitting next to my brother all day hearing each lead, harmony and instrumental live. (home studio/no booth, my brother had cans on.) I mixed it after the parts were all laid down, through quality studio gear, so I know what it sounds like. On the Pi's it sounds like what we heard in our brains. All this from a "sand amp" powerd pair of Pi's, Wow!
Thomas

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Take a look at this TAD cabinet construction technique!!
Next Topic: 2 Pi's near a TV
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 03:21:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout