Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Finally... 2 Pi arrived!!!
A word about break-in and room treatments [message #39920 is a reply to message #39913] Fri, 17 January 2003 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Jabberwock is currently offline  Jabberwock
Chancellor
I just want to chime in briefly about break-in and room treatments. My 2-Pi towers have been functional for about six weeks now. Initially I was put off by what struck me as rather forward treble. However, after several weeks of use, the woofers have developed a nice "bloom" and the perceived forward treble has diminished considerably. Must be something about the interplay of the two drivers. Switching to magnet wire for speaker cables also helped give a nice tonal balance.

On room treatments: for well over a year I'd been debating building some of Jon Risch's room treatment panels. I'd already made Jon's quick-and-dirty bass traps (about $30 for traps in two room corners) and really like what they do. But the wall panels daunted me, which was rather silly now that I think about it. For an investment of $30 in materials and a single afternoon's work, I built two panels (48" x 30") and am oh so glad I did. I'm convinced now that without room treatments a person isn't really hearing a system's potential. For apartment dwellers especially they are de riguer.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Hey Speakerman........
Next Topic: Wayne and crossover guys; a little help?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 14:32:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio