Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Let's try those 2Pi Towere pictures again.
Re: Dimensions: Narrower front baffle [message #39884 is a reply to message #39882] Tue, 14 January 2003 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
wasteh202 is currently offline  wasteh202
Master
Oscar, I would like to be able to help you very much here but I don't know that I can help you much (as far as a comparison). This pair of 2Pi Towers is the only Pi design that I have ever heard. I think as long as you keep the overall cubic inch s box size to the design that you will not deviate from the desing tuning. My box and port happen to be a bit bigger that the design size. Wayne says that changing the dimensions is not a problem, just keep the size the same. I change the width and depth sizes to better accomadate my sons bedroom.

I can tell you that they sound great. I was listening to some Magnepan MMG (another great value in speakers, just not very sensitive or dynamic) speakers about a year ago. When my wife and daughter broght home two little kittens I packed and put away the MMG's (great cat scratching posts). I replaced them with some small monitors on the bookshelf (I refer to this day as "the day the music died). Well, since building the 2Pi Towers for my son I cannot enjoy listening without the Towers and find myself sneaking in his room while he is at school to listen to my music.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message