Home » Audio » General » Packing Really Big Speakers
Re: Packing Really Big Speakers [message #3983 is a reply to message #3980] Mon, 11 December 2006 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
If they had been mine, lifting those 200# upper woofer sections from the top of each tower would have caused a heart attack, but everything went well. At least four of the people there are dealers of very high end equipment, including the local Acapella dealer, who know how to move heavy components without damaging them, and everybody else (except me) owns very heavy & obscenely expensive speakers.

It's quite a system. The power conditioners are Isocleans, the sources are a Rockwell turntable and an Exemplar Audio modified Denon universal player, the preamp is an Einstein, the amps are Parasound Halo monoblocks, the new speakers will be Acapella Triolon Excaliburs, and the subwoofers are two Cabasse monsters with 21" drivers. Of course the cables alone cost more than my entire system. Poverty sucks!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: UTAH 12/3" antique speakers
Next Topic: Thanksgiving gave Steve and I time to spend another great day together at the bench
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 14:51:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio