Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Let's try those 2Pi Towere pictures again.
Re: Super! [message #39826 is a reply to message #39824] Fri, 10 January 2003 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Erik Johansson is currently offline  Erik Johansson
Viscount
Wayne, about that very nice bracing. Is there any risk that the volume of the cabinet is changed too much with that amount of bracing? I've had the 2Pi Tower plans for a while now and definately need a set of low cost, high quality speakers. Those braces along the length of the cabinet would definately make building it a lot easier too (I use MDF and veneer it when built).

I'll start building them as soon as I've listened to my friend's 1Pi speakers we built for him this summer with some proper equipment, namely my Edison 22 (2x14W 6V6GT PP) tube amp and his Denon DCD-1450AR (I've got a DCD-1650AR myself). When I last listened to them connected to his old "el cheapo" Sanyo all-integrated budget stereo I though the Alpha-8 was doing a great job but the KSN-1038 definately sounded "sharp". Especially on electric guitar solos (we listen to rock music a lot).

One of the songs we listened to was one of my true favourites, Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb. Listen to that solo!!! It's magic, pure magic. Through the 1Pi speakers the highs were noticably sharp but I have some belief that a warm sounding tube amp will be the perfect match for them and cure the problem. I will know by the end of next week once he gets his new CDP.

/Erik

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message