Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 1 pi question
1 pi question [message #39634] Sun, 29 December 2002 17:28 Go to previous message
Gordon is currently offline  Gordon
Esquire
Hey Wayne,

I haven't been around for a bit (other things) but am happy to be back. A while back I got the plans for the 1 pis from you. I finally got the cabinets built and then hooked up the electronics yesterday. I put then into the system and have a problem. While these speakers are more efficient than the speakers they are replacing, they are playing at a much lower volume. Also, at not very loud volumes there is a bad distortion in the mid ranges. I cannot figure out what the problem is.

My system includes an ET foreplay into ET paramours. When I had this setup into the other speakers, ther was a bit of a hum, but not much. Now the hum is gone. I think this might be because the output volume is lowered.

I wired the one pis by directly connecting the woofer and tweeter to the binding posts in parallel. I also have the non-inductive resistor externally connected between the binding posts.

Any thoughts you might have would be helpful. The only thing that I could think of is that perhaps the impedance between the two different speakers is very different. In this case, I would have to open up the paramours and select different taps on the output transformers. I do not know if this type of impedance mismatch would give the result I described above.

Thanks in advance.

Gordon

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Hi Wayne: 2Pis and sub
Next Topic: Port variation for doubled woofer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 08:24:38 CDT 2024