Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Theater 4's w/ EL-84 at 14 Watts per
Re: Theater 4's w/ EL-84 at 14 Watts per [message #39372 is a reply to message #39349] Fri, 06 December 2002 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
I'm in the middle of one hell of a F*^&(@-up "charrette" here at work, can only take a few seconds to report that during last nights listen to the Heaths after about one hour of listening there was generated these weird bubbles of awesome midrange which would develope and then quickly fade back to more normal quality. These bubbles gradually congealed into a whole consistent quality that was quite appealing. The only problem is that this effect is frequency limited to a fairly small band in the midrange and is somewhat discontinuous with the rest of the music. Hopefully more breakin will help. The amp is fun to listen to being quite lively!

Wayne, can't wait to get you into the tube scene; besides the sonic character I find that with the resources on the internet and the general character of tube circuits there is an abundance of oportunity to play with the soldering iron, unlike SS circuits (to the best of my knowledge).

Dave Cope, where the heck are you???

G.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message