Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » SET's and 16 ohm JBL 2226J's- - - - - - Observations
So it's feed back you want! [message #39150 is a reply to message #39144] Thu, 21 November 2002 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
LuxmanLover is currently offline  LuxmanLover
Master
I don't think anyone here is going to "disagree" with your obsevations ....they are what they are, I would say most everyone here is just out to find the "right " combo for their tastes and gear. My observation was that the amp I demoed didn't like the 2226H, there was no debating it, maybe the J model 2226 would have been better, don't know. The bottom end wasn't a little off, it was way off from what even a 75 watt SS amp could produce on that driver, thats not to say that something other than a SE-1 amp couldn't make a better match, but that particular combo was definately not playing nice together. Even switching between SS amps made a difference on my 4Pi pro's, my little D-150a (75 watts) couldn't produce as much "punch" as my 300 watt M-6000 Luxman? And I thought a watt was a watt, ya right. So who cares...just run a big A@@ SS amp, not, to my my ears I gotta get a tuber on the horn.....thats ear candy to me. That tube mid range is to die for. I've got a line on a another little SET amp to demo so I'll definately give you an update on how it goes........
Kelly

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 2226/2426 compensation values
Next Topic: somo