Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Thoughts on this challenge - hehe
I can always tell mine apart. [message #38893 is a reply to message #38887] Thu, 31 October 2002 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ToFo_ is currently offline  ToFo_
Esquire
Crown and Adcom are great, but they sound different. They are both known to do ruler flat response. Crown = start and stop on a dime Adcom = bigger deeper seeming bass. I like them both a lot but, I can tell them apart with earplugs in. I am not itching to test it, I know it.

What does he do to compensate for rise time and damping factor. seems a little silly really. He checks absolute phase of the amplifiers, but in some cases an eq is added to make them the same, hmmmm.

Can you tell flat paint from semi-gloss paint when the color, temperature, thickness and lighting are all scientifically proven to be the same? (I measured ALMOST everything!) Some people would say it's shiny, some would say it has a different texture. Does he really believe that our ears can't do what all of our other senses do constantly?

I guess parts quality and good design have just been rendered unimportant by a couple of resistors and an equalizer. (haven't I heard of this before?) The science in audio is vital, but is all to often used poorly or selectively. If the technician and or the tool are not of consistent and known high quality, you have no meaningful data!

Meanwhile, I shall happily enjoy my great sounding tunes. It just doesn't matter why it sounds so good :)

Thomas

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Replacement woofers
Next Topic: i'll take'em
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 04:13:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects