Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Will mounted 2426 fit through horn hole?
I must be missing something... [message #38485 is a reply to message #38484] Sun, 29 September 2002 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
laoye is currently offline  laoye
Chancellor
Hi Wayne & Sam,

I met my cabinet maker yesterday and tied up all the lose ends except this one about getting the horn/compression driver in. My wife had a good time looking through the veneer catalog he brought and we settled on an unconventional non-wood veneer which should look pretty sharp. If nothing else, it will make for a good photo later.

As you know, mounting the JBL compression driver on the H290 horn is not easy. Even after cutting away material on the H290 to make room for the three mounting bolts and to allow them to turn, they are going to be fiddly to get on even outside the box.

Are you suggesting that I mount the horn first, and then reach in through the woofer hole with the compression driver in hand and mount it on the horn by feel with my other hand? How do I reach the bolts on the top!? Won't I be blocked by the top of the box? I think it's impossible, so I must be missing something basic.

Thanks!

- Ken

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: THEATRE 4 Plans
Next Topic: 4Pi Pro crossover
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 18 02:31:43 CDT 2024