Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Bonus!!!!
Ok!!!!...it's not the saw!!!!! [message #37859 is a reply to message #37857] Sat, 17 August 2002 20:25 Go to previous message
LuxmanLover is currently offline  LuxmanLover
Master
LOLOLOLOLOL....you happy I said it! You are absolutely right, I built a multi-angled canopy for one of my fish tanks once with a skil saw and a plywood guide. Worked out great, it's all about how much time and patience you have at any given moment (project). The old ryobi cuts just fine if I put the extentions on it. Unfortunately I got so much @#$% (crap) in my garage there's no room to set it up. Actually before anyone thinks this is a Ryobi table saw plug let me just say that I wouldn't ever buy one again....fine for little stuff but for $700.00 clams I'd expect more. Very finicky piece of equipment, lot's of little parts to fall off and plastic pieces to wear and it neeeds a lot of adjustment to stay accurate, I could go on and on! Find some old cast iron garage sale reject that needs a new motor and it will probably be a lot better piece.
So ya....I'll be running down to WNW tomorrow get a sheet of 3/4" MDF sliced up so I can start on the 4PI's pro's. The square port is going to take a bit of fiddling to get it to look right, round port would be easier but I see why Wayne uses the square one on this design, not much room left and it does look right on this speaker, Wayne must have put a fair bit of thought into it me thinks, very neat and clean look!
Kelly

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: im new to Pi, so i need to ask something(s)
Next Topic: JBL 2344 Bi-Radial Horn Vs Tractrix Vs Exponential
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 07:06:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout