Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Got a Router- what do I do with it??
Re: Got a Router- what do I do with it?? [message #37695 is a reply to message #37690] Thu, 08 August 2002 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey Matts, check the link for my circle cutting trammel recipe, then buy a Jasper Jig like Bmar says, I got one and it's great.
Your fixed router is going to require that you drill a hole in the workpiece to acept the cutting bit and because your using a trammel the hole has to be just on the line of the circle.
For rounding over, always run the router over the end grain parts first as they are more likely to tear out or splinter. If they do, the pass over the long grain side will fix that. But not the reverse.
Move the router against the diection of turn which is probably clockwise unless your in Australia and then clean up the cut by reversing direction which is called climb cutting. You may climb cut to begin a pass for very splintery wood but hang on tight!
As I always recommend, go to B&N or Borders, spend a buck on a cup of coffee and read a book on routers by Pat Warner.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: quick question
Next Topic: 16 ohm compression drivers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 12 01:24:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects