Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » One Pi with sub in one cabinet (ie: 3-way)
Re: One Pi with sub in one cabinet (ie: 3-way) [message #37521 is a reply to message #37472] Fri, 26 July 2002 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Wayne,
I ordered a pair of KSN-1038A's from Parts Express only to find out when I received shipment they are out of them. Okay, so I saved $8.50 per piezo by not having them. Was disappointed, I have a lot of misc piezo's and wanted to try out the one you use in 1 and 2 Pi's. I did not know that the 2105's reached up to 10Khz, that being the case, is that why you used the KSN 1041's instead of the ksn 1038's????? I know the Alpha 8's are good to 5khz, so I will try the system breadboarded and see what happens, I will post the results for the curious ones here.
I have another question, when I pruchase coils from parts express, they alway come out a little low in measured value, but the coils with the iron cores come out in the high end measured out. I just got two .7mh 14 guage and they come out the closest (of the others I have bought there in the past) as far as the air cores go (.683mh if I bend wires totally in coil, will go to .685mh) I finally got some 8 ohm 2226's (I already had 2226J's - 16 ohm) I am going to try and properly port the 3677 cabinets this time. Previously I removed the foam from the two 3" ports and they played pretty well (the 2226J's that is). Thanks, Capt Ron

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: By-passing Caps: What Did I Do? Wayne?
Next Topic: fibreglass insulation oops
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Oct 20 03:43:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout