Home » Audio » General » Loudspeaker Challenge
Re: Geez! I didn't pay attention first time around. [message #3734 is a reply to message #3732] Tue, 12 September 2006 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
It was alway my intent to build that pair as a prototype, to see how it sounds before committing to the "final" horn. Built it out of baltic birch. That was over a year ago and I'm still using it. Never did get around to the solid cherry version.

The trammel-cut vanes was my second attempt. The first go around with template router bit resulted in some rough cuts. If I was to do it again, I'd build a trammel jig for my table saw to get it done even faster.

I thought the mortise for the bolts was a bit of a cheat. I went for it because I knew I'd screw up sinking four hanger-bolts through the back of the horn.

One thing I do like about my horns is that the top and bottom overhangs the side, instead of the sides overhanging the top and bottom. Gives a cleaner looking top and lots of space for my wife to place nik-naks on top of.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message