Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Bass cabinet recomendations - need tips
Re: Adam -Not for car, for home. [message #37179 is a reply to message #37176] Fri, 05 July 2002 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adam is currently offline  Adam
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Whoops... Sorry about that bud, lol.

I dunno why I thought that... I was in the car audio state of mind from another board, musta warped my head :P

Honestly, it doesn't change much tho. I wouldn't recommend the Eclipse or Crystal subs anymore, but you can still run the Maelstrom, Blueprint, etc...

Your full range system is still a solid setup. Out of the subs you listed, I'd be inclined to run a Brahma or a Leviathan first... But really, any of those drivers would perform exceptionally well. I think the Brahma and Leviathan would lead in the SQ department, though. The Brahma might need a little more power than the others.

Whether you run stereo or mono, and run them in a sub/satelite or "tower" configuration is really up to your tastes and your listening room. If you decide to run them in tower format, with a sub on each channel and the midrange/tweeters stacked directly on top of the subs, I would personally take the subwoofer allt he way to 150-200 Hz and use a smaller diameter midrange driver, like a 4" or 5" Eton unit.

Just some thoughts... All four of the subwoofers you listed will do really well. I'd eliminate the "bass" cabinet, as it's bandwidth can still be handled well by the subwoofer.

If I can help ya with anything else, feel free to ask.

siradam48@hotmail.com

Adam

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message