Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » What are you using for amplification?
Re: What are you using for amplification? [message #36969 is a reply to message #36953] Tue, 18 June 2002 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Rider is currently offline  Rider
Baron
I'm playing Pi 7 theatres that are changing in weird and wonderful ways. I'm currently using a Luxman RX-102 solid state, 40 watt per channel A and B channels. ROCK +. My oldest son (who likes to challenge his hearing) loves these speakers. I swear he comes home just to visit the speakers.

When I first got the Luxman off of Ebay I thought the wattage indicator lights weren't working. I had to turn it up a bit to get the .07 watt lights to come on.

I have the original Pi 7 Theatres on channel A and PHL 1660 non-horn loaded speakers (400-5000 hz) mounted on the front with no crossover on speaker B. At 97db at one watt the PHL's take over a bit. I'll end up bi-amping to take care of this. I'm thinking of picking up a second Luxman RX-102 to take care of these duties, but all the tube supporters could easily convince me to go that way if the pocketbook finds it in it's heart ;-).

Eventually I'll brace and insulate the cabinets better, and I've got a set of Klipsch K-43's on their way. In the Cornerhorns these got crossed at 450 hz. The PHL's pick up at around 400. I'm thinking I might be able to run K43's and the PHL's with no crossover, and put an LPAD on the horns with a high pass crossover on the top. I got one Altec 902-8T (only won one auction) and there is minimal difference with the Emminence high end driver. The Emminence is pretty good. The interesting thing between the K-43's and Emminence Delta 15's is the VAS. Emminence Delta 15's are 10.40. The K-43's are 10.41. Just about like the Pi 7's were designed for them. :-)

The adventure continues.

Grant.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How do you position your 4 Pi's in your listening room?
Next Topic: Absolutely amazing wood finish
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 14 18:42:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout