Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » What are you using for amplification?
Re: What are you using for amplification? [message #36964 is a reply to message #36953] Tue, 18 June 2002 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Colin Fritzke is currently offline  Colin Fritzke
Baron
This is the amp that is currently driving my rig. Its a Harman/Kardon 730 receiver dating back to the 1970's when amps were built with hard-wired connections inside and true dual-mono power supplies. I picked this baby up at a garage sale for a steal of a deal one Saturday, just because it was in such nice shape and I thought it might work well for a bedroom or second system. After visiting the Audio Asylum Vintage equipment forum and realizing what I had, I decided to take it into a local electronics shop where the guy specializes in restoring older equipment like this. Performs as good as new and sounds MUCH more powerful than its conservative 45W/channel rating suggests! Very warm and clean sounding; some say it sounds almost like a tube amp but with the horsepower and control that only a solid-state unit can deliver. Works excellent with my new Four Pi's. Currently using a Yamaha CD changer (CDC-755) as a front end, and also an older NAD cassette deck.

I respect tube amp fans, but I'm not one of them!

Regards,
Colin

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How do you position your 4 Pi's in your listening room?
Next Topic: Absolutely amazing wood finish
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 05:43:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout