Home » Audio » General » Still Can't Get A response On why Guitar Players know what sounds good.
Re: Still Can't Get A response On why Guitar Players know what sounds good. [message #3672 is a reply to message #3667] Thu, 31 August 2006 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
You got to admitt there must be a reason the musical guys pay the big bucks for certain amps/guitars/drums/mics especially. Those are the desireable ones and the reason for that is they sound good. Now I understand that of course there are differences within each instrument as to taste and certain sounds a guy looks for. But in my humble 30 yrs of playing I have always seen it to be that the good sounding equipment gets noticed right away while the poorer sounding stuff doesn't.
How many times have you attended a studio session and heard a player exclaim to another how good a certain amp sounds; even if that amp isn't one he chooses to use they always seem to agree. Or a group clusters around a certain instrument after they hear it; I know that has happened to everyone who plays.
If this wasn't something that guys who play did not encounter all the time i wouldn't even bring it up. It would be nice to hear some empirical anecdotes from other muscicians than we two; that would I think make a case for my argument. I know I paid a lot for my sons vintage Buffet clarinet and it wasn't because it had nice chrome trim.
Or try bringing a nice Martin 1944 D 28 to a local store and playing it against the usual suspects. See if there is no agreement as to the quality of the sound. I think you might find some unanimity in opinion on that model. Why? Because everyone can recognise good sound without all the rigamarole discussed up top here.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: More on time alignment. Wayne?
Next Topic: This forum is officially re-named
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 19 06:29:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout