Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » finishing Theater 4s... questions
Re: finishing Theater 4s... answers [message #35568 is a reply to message #35564] Tue, 19 March 2002 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
The input connector should have its "+" lead connected to the crossover's "+" lead. Then the crossover's tweeter output "+" should go to the resistor R1 and capacitor C1. The other end of these components should go to the tweeter's "+" lead.

I use the "silver" or "banded" wire as positive, merely as a standard convention. It doesn't matter, as long as you keep track of what goes where. It would be just as proper to use the "silver" or the "banded" leads as negative, as long as the standard were maintained throughout the installation.

The crossover's "+" woofer output goes directly to the woofer's "+" terminal and the crossover's "-" goes directly to the woofer's "-" lug. Then, the woofer damper goes across the woofer, using the extra pair of lugs. So you'll have one lug from the woofer connected to R3 and the other lug connected to C5. Then, take the unconnected lead from R3 and the unconnected lead from C5 and connect them together.

If you'll send me your mailing address, I'll mail you a couple decals in your choice of black or silver. Or I could probably have the shop make some gold colored ones, if you like.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: OK, enough lurking ... I want to try building the 3 and/or 4 pi -- Plans?
Next Topic: not really Pi-like...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 01:00:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout