Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » building 3 way system with jbl 4655
Re: building 3 way system with jbl 4655 [message #35122 is a reply to message #35121] Wed, 13 February 2002 09:02 Go to previous message
Robert Hamel is currently offline  Robert Hamel
Viscount
Hi George

They are old vintage alnico 14" JBL drivers. I choose them because I am a vintage JBL nut and I am a sucker for 4" edgewound voice coils! They also would give me good bass response in a smaller box. My original premise was an honest to god 30Hz. They are tunned with -3db @ 32Hz and -6@ 30HZ with no room gain or boost from the subwoofer amps. You can still get LE14H which would be better with lower fs and higher x-max as a closeout at Speakercity. They are less sensitive than the LE14A'S at 91 as oppossed to 93 for the older driver. I was originally concerned with them keeping up with the 4655 because of the 100db 1 watt sensitivity. There was no problem at all at any tolerable listenning levels. Just get a copy of Win ISD or download what Wayne has at the Pi website. He has Box Plot and Pi Align and lots of other great stuff if you have not been to his site. Just figure out how big a cabinet you can build and start trying the drivers in the preloaded driver libraries and go from there.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: "Pi Pad" implemented with series xover
Next Topic: i'm thinking of bidding on these big ass horns!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 16:32:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio