Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Question for Till E.
Re: Answer and questions for Garland and Wayne [message #34644 is a reply to message #34643] Fri, 04 January 2002 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I still haven't done the Zobel and yes, with the Paramours the bass seems a little overdone on most recordings. I finally got around to softening and flattening the unbacked veneer so I will do the Zobel when I remove the drivers to veneer the cabinets, probably
Sunday.

I think I will remove the crossover from the cabinet. I don't want the wires coming out the port, though. I could add a second set of binding posts and wire the tweeter to one set, the woofer to the other and then connect the crossover to the respective posts, yes?

I'm guessing that the 8 ohms should be about 3 dB attenuation on the woofer? And I'm wondering why it wouldn't be better to decrease the attenuation on the tweeter? Maybe (certainly) I don't understand the Zobel thing.

It is for certain that there is synergy between the 2A3 tube and the Pi's. So much so that I don't believe it is possible to describe the sound in terms of one component or the other, even though I ran the Pi's for so long with different amplification.

And now with some hours on the tubes I'm getting that blue glow!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Tweaking Eminence Delta 15
Next Topic: Inductor Value for Theater 4 Pi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 22:26:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio