Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Which Pi's should I build?
Wow! You guys are great!! [message #33679 is a reply to message #33670] Tue, 14 August 2001 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Snidely is currently offline  Snidely
Esquire
I can't believe all the wonderful help and information I am getting here! Wayne, the plans and a great note arrived from you just as you said. James, the info on the best pricing around for the drivers is really gonna help me get this project going. With your wonderful help, I can clearly see that this project is not only possible, but definitely is going to happen!

I have a couple of questions to start off with, but I'm sure I am going to have more as time goes on.

The plans call for 3/4" stock, and I assume that it should be Baltic Birch plywood, right? Since that stuff is really expensive, would it work just as well to use 1.5" thick MDF (2 layers of 3/4" MDF laminated together? And since I would be making the cabinets 3/4" thicker, I should increase the external dimensions by 3/4" on each side, retaining the internal dimensions as is. Is this correct or do you recommend another way to do this?

When buying parts, I understand sometimes I need to get 2 or 4 parts and wire them together to make a larger equivalent part. Resistors in parallel add the wattage, right? How about the inductors? Madisound sells all kinds in all gauges of wire. What type and gauge inductors should be used? Does the resistance of the inductor matter?

Well, that's enough for now. I will be back with more questions later. I'm just very excited and want to start planning out thiss project. Thanks again, guys!!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: ZMAX figure for very low damping factor amplifiers
Next Topic: JBL 2370 & 2426 for SALE!
Goto Forum: