Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Flares for PSD2002 in Theater Four Pi.
Re: KSN1188 vs PSD2002 shootout! [message #33609 is a reply to message #33608] Fri, 27 July 2001 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Paul C. is currently offline  Paul C.
Master
Loved the fight announcement! Cool, funny.

The 1188 may or may not be the equal of the 2002, probably not, but a darn good unit.

Too much silibance? Turn down the darn treble! No, seriously, also try other female singers, other CD's. It may just be that CD, that mix. I have had a few that really made me doubt my equipment. And put on others, Man!, you would think the combo was in your living room! These days more and more artists are taking ocntrol of the final mix, and that is good. It is because many musicians have had offensive results from sound men who thought they knew best... mixing to sound best on car stereo, or what people expect club spkrs to sound like, etc. So, try a variety of CD's and music types.

Listen to a jazz combo, recorded "acoustically". Listen for realism there. Listen to orchestra, esp London Sym Orch, always recorded well. Star Wars is good, believe it or not... Holst's The Planets (I love Mars). Listen to the music you like best, too. Not all systems will sound good on all types of music.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Thanks for the kudos on the web page
Next Topic: Studio One Pi's or Two Pi's?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 02:59:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio