Home » Audio » General » Northcreek to Discontinue DIY Sales
Re: Northcreek to Discontinue DIY Sales [message #3325 is a reply to message #3320] Wed, 05 July 2006 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Martin is currently offline  Martin
Master
I read George's long winded explanation of why he is going out of the DIY business. He seemed to be blaming everybody but himself, if his sales are falling off or remaining flat he needs to boost interest not complain about the competition.

I think his discussion of "rubber chickens" was both arrogant and amusing. Since by his definition I am probably a "rubber chicken" it is somewhat amusing since some of the most uninformed and downright technically incompetent people I have met and discussed audio with are people in the industry itself (and of course the people on AA). If you only rely on printed texts and journal articles in this day and age you are going to be way behind the current latest technology, the Internet has changed the way information (both good and bad) is distributed and you need to adapt. My personal opinion is technical society publication is going to become the tool of only the academics and ont the engineers, not much applicable output. At the one DIY gathering I went to a few years ago, I was really impresswd with the technical knowledge, dedication, and efforts made at producing some very fine speaker systems (I guess those people are some of his competition and also "rubber chickens").

I lost a lot of respect for George Short after reading his reasons. Why not just state that the economics are not there for his DIY line and move on. If he has not succeeded the reason looks back at him every morning in the mirror. Bottom line is that there are many thriving businesses, just like his, and he could not compete.

Not trying to be harsh but that is my opinion and reaction,

Martin

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message