Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Hello World!
Re: Hello World! [message #33001 is a reply to message #32996] Wed, 21 March 2001 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
RBP is currently offline  RBP
Chancellor
Cool deal! With my new 2A3 Amplifiers, high effeciency is the goal.

The very best I have achieved were Klipschorn bottoms made from 1 1/4" particleboard, coated with 34 LBS of Clear RTV. I loaded them with Gauss 15" using a 2226H cone assembly mated with Gausses' Motor and voice coil. Tricky converting the cones. The TAD Mids were driving some 300 hZ mid horns (Fiberglass and thick) and the electrovoice T-350. I hand wound all my crossover inductors and resistors!. The capacitors were Sidereal. These gave me 105.5 dB (1w1m)and a 3 dB down point at 29hZ. I have currently some very old Magnavox 20 watt alnico 15" that I would love to implement. They give a solid 102dB 1W1M and these are the good ones. I have some 350hZ mid horns, One University tweeter. All I need is mid drivers, and a good pair of tweeters. FS on the Magnavox (a'la CTS) are 38hZ.

I do plan to give these drivers a shot....But I also have a speakerlab Mid driver laying around as well.

Hope to be an active member of this forum.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message