Home » Audio » Group Build » Small HV caps, and pentodes driving power triodes
hmmmmm... [message #31690 is a reply to message #31689] Sat, 31 December 2005 15:37 Go to previous message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I remember some of your posts on the loading. I don't recall ever disagreeing on the 1/2 the OPT has 1/4 the a-a Z. It was what happened when the two halves were working together that caused all the enthusiastic discussion. I was quite satisfied once the energy balance was equal.

I think the resistor in parallel will also change the Q, not to mention getting rid of the whole reason to go with the choke in the first place: different AC and DC performance. I am about to play with some 813's and they have a 30k maximum gird circuit resistance. I don't feel like driving that...:)

A reasonable inductor, say 250/1k Hy will show 500Hy to each phase of the driver stage. At 20 cps, this is also *WAY* past the 813's 30k. There is a precision gap in the core, so it will deal with a little bit of grid current. Also, if one is dealing with grid current, the minimum gap L will loose inductance, as it saturates, and this might be a good thing( maybe? ).

Happy New Year to you as well, nice discussing audio with you too.
cheers,
Douglas

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Received Grid-Chokes
Next Topic: Merry Christmas!
Goto Forum: