Home » Audio » Group Build » Need favorite 12B4 for Guinevere line stage recommendations?
Re: Need favorite 12B4 for Guinevere line stage recommendations? [message #31508 is a reply to message #31505] Wed, 30 November 2005 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Thanks Damir for the 12B4 information.

I have been trying to track down some of the DN2540N5 depletion mode transistors, but have been stiking out.
I have found a few larger electronic firms such as Mouser, that will be happy to sell me 50 at a time.
None of the firms where I have looked, stock this model of transistor.
I am not sure I would need 50 of these.
Does anyone have a decent supplier where I can buy a smaller lot of 10 or less of the DN2540N5 transistors?

Douglas did mention a TO-92 variant that would work, DN3545N3.
But, I would rather have the TO-22 that appears to be a little more robust and has more heat sink realestate.

Also, I would love to hear about others experiences in building a power supply for the Guinevere?

I am under the impression that the 12B4 has a slight problem of being susceptible to noise from the power supply. At least this is what I have read on a few other forums, or believe this is what they meant. Does the CCS reduce this susceptability to noise?

Thanks

Norris Wilson

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message