Home » Audio » Group Build » Stereo chassis or mono's?
from Homer's cloning Hammock [message #30341 is a reply to message #30334] Sun, 30 January 2005 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I did not measure the copy(yet). I got them 2 days before the 2004 Oswalds Mill Tasting meet. I slapped them in, 30% taps to the E-Linear driver, 50% taps to the g2. Got 6 Watts from a pair of HY69's. Sounded pretty good.

I got an improvement when I put g2 to the 30%. 9.5 Watts and a bigger more natural sound. I keep grinning to myself every time I hear something soooo inexpensive sound so good.

I ran the amp with a signal generator, and go no misbehaviour at the frequency extremes. 9.5 watts down to where my signal generator got a bit loopy( ~16 cps ), and it ran out into the ultra-sonic with out any wiggles in the curve. I will do a more comprehensive measurement when I am done with the new linestage.

As far as other ratings, like DC I would stick with the originally published specs. I think it was 120 mA per leg, and 10% imbalance. With fixed bias, I can get to a small fraction of that easily.
regards,
Douglas

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message