Home » Audio » Group Build » Anybody starting to build yet?
Re: Anybody starting to build yet? [message #30102 is a reply to message #30101] Thu, 13 January 2005 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Here's some food for thought. The original Pre-amp project occurred as a response to Colin's request for a cheap but decent Pre to use with his new Sex Amp. Douglas Sector 7g or (T to us) came up with a nice useable and cheap option. We tied his hands with the caveat that it needed to be cheaply built. And he did a great design job. However the parts required for the PS have little use beyond this particular circuit iteration. Personally I have a foreplay already; what I would like is to use his amp section with a much highher quality power supply using excellent iron and fully tube rectified. This may be a similar connundrum for others. So until either Douglas returns or one of us can do the design work on the new PS it is on hold.
See I don't want to have to buy parts twice for the same pre. But by purchasing the good stuff now I can use it again if need be to make changes as they appear.
The difference of 100$ for a high quality transformer over the cost of the suggested one is minimal if you can use it again and again.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Guienevere; PS