Home » Audio » Group Build » Project idea: Plug and Play
Re: Project idea: Plug and Play [message #30025 is a reply to message #30015] Thu, 23 December 2004 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I use Winamp and have a DSL; believe me the music sounds almost as good as a good FM tuner. What I am afraid of is they stop the ability to download streaming audio. I have Ripcast installed and the CD's sound very good that we rip from that set-up. I am looking for an MP3 player that sounds good to save the downloaded audio too; that was the questions earlier you so kindly answered. Thermionic claims that Gainclone amps do not work well installed in the speaker box, something about magnetic fields or mechanic vibration.
I have been told the Jet brand of MP3 player sounds good. Therefor streaming audio to MP 3 should be very listenable.
What I still don't fully get is how to download w/o compression. WAV files I geuss. So what I will try after the holidays is a seperate hardrive dedicated to audio. That should fit maybe 50 uncompressed songs on a 5gig hardrive;no?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Another idea :-)
Next Topic: Is there a consensus on preamp project?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Oct 02 14:06:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio