Home » Audio » Group Build » what in the hell is a 5861?
Re: that's what I thought you meant... [message #29975 is a reply to message #29974] Tue, 21 December 2004 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
The purpoae of this, the first, group build was to give the novice builder, like me, a chance to learn the basics. For me, this is the place to start and learn from you and others. This hobby is becoming a lost art, and I strongly belive simple projects like this will ensure its continued existance. These projects will offer one the skills to build larger, more complex gear. Considering the unknown financial limitations of those involved, a cost of around $100 (give or take) per build was being recommended

This particular preamp was chosen by another member because there is already a wealth of literature on this particluar design. Yes, you are correct, new audio ground is not being broken here. What we are trying achieve is a basis for future projects. The logistics of an internet group build is daunting in itself, muchless without struggling over modifications from the outset. Please, do not mistake me, I am all for "playing" with designs; that is what this hobby is all about. I will build the preamp stock; others will not.

Douglas, your knowlege of this science is apparent. To be honest, what I know about tubes could be written on the back of a postage stamp. It is people like you and others that I want to learn from. I truely look forward to future discussions with you....Regards, Colin

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Welcome!
Next Topic: Naming the 5687 Linestage...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 08 01:00:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio