Home » Audio » General » Great Plains Audio Festival in a week?
Re: Great Plains Audio Festival in a week? Oh yeah! [message #2997 is a reply to message #2990] Sun, 30 April 2006 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Duke is currently offline  Duke
Grand Master
Hi Norris,

Lori and I are looking forward to seeing you and your wife at the Tulsa show!

We will be driving in from Preston, Idaho - celebrated home of Napoleon Dynamite. We're planning to show some new speakers that I recently designed, which probably isn't very exciting to anyone else but it's an incredible ego trip for yours truly. Unfortunatlely we've run into a few last-minute snags on delivery of the speaker enclosures, which were supposed to be finished two weeks ago, and then one week ago, and then last Friday... If I'd have known I'd be sitting here five days before the show with no cabinets I'd have built my own or at least found another woodworker (my own woodworking skills can charitably be described as proto-rudimentary). Tomorrow I'll be at my woodworker's place offering my assistance (and insistance), as now it's down to "do or die". Even once the cabinets are built I'll still have a couple of days' worth of work to do on them, not the least of which is the ritualistic application of legless reptile lubricant.

I don't have any images to post because at this point the speakers are still just a gleam in my eye. They'll be floorstanders roughly 42" tall by 13" wide by 16" deep. Driver complement will include some fun stuff from TAD and B&C. Estimated efficiency is in the lower 90's, the bass should extend just south of 40 Hz, and the drivers used exhibit negligible power compression below about 112 dB. I've gone to some trouble to do a good job with the reverberant field, as getting the reverberant field right is my favorite audio-related tangent. These won't compete with large-format high efficiency high output systems from PiSpeakers, GedLee, Iconic, Edgarhorn, Classic Audio Reproductions, Avantgarde, and the like. Not even my well-paid, highly optimistic advertising department could make that happen. Instead, my hope is to offer some of the qualities of a good large-format high efficiency system in a medium sized, upper-medium efficiency package.

Hopefully in a couple of days I can post an update saying that there's no more last-minute drama going on here.

Duke

PS - And of course back by popular demand will be Lori's cool misty colored fountains.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message