Home » Audio » General » A little carping
Re: A little carping [message #2979 is a reply to message #2978] Thu, 13 April 2006 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yes; there are quite a few serious sites. DIY Tube, Joelist, I have them saved. It would be nice to have a good audio site that could provide all things to all people. So far that doesn't seem to be happening. Either they are very serious about a single topic full of guys who are dedicated to that one thing in which case you can't participate on any meaningfull level.
Or they are silly.
Or they are predjudicial towards certain points of view and refuse to entertain anything that doesn't co-respond to their thinking.
Then there is a case to be made that most of what can possibly be written or discussed regarding hobbies like this is already done to death. So where to go in terms of encouraging a meaningfull dialogue that pertains to things audio and that has a different slant or something original to offer.
I can say what I think doesn't work; but it is hard to figure on what does work.
We know the Stereophile model is not what anyone wants to read. Endless reviews of equipment and fetishistic photography of amps and speakers gets old real quick. But long technical posts involving one tiny aspect of a small percentage of interest doesn't sound so great either.

I know I like when people involve good stories that revolve around audio and building equipment and music and what it means in their life and personal philosophy. But there isn't much of that since Sound Practices went under.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Near out of body experience
Next Topic: Warning!!! My computer has a virus.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 10:17:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio