Home » Audio » General » AudioXpress watch
Re: AudioXpress watch [message #2967 is a reply to message #2966] Thu, 06 April 2006 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I know how you feel; I personally prefer reading print only because of the age thing I believe. If you don't have a laptop then you are stuck at the monitor and also you have to like looking at a crt which I seem to have a problem with in terms of my eyesite. Plus once you own the magazine no one can remove or delete the information. This just reflects my bias and as you say I believe I am a dinosaur in that respect.
The issue of permanence seems to lend a certain integrity to information; at least from my perspective only because you have to assume there was some oversite; fact checking or peer review involved. Although your experience with SB seems to contradict that premise.

But I take your point regarding the forum discussion issue. It is definately a more active and viable medium in that respect. And irregardless of how old guys feel time will march on and this is the way it is going to be. Unless there is an unforseen consequence of which we have no way of determining involved in using the net for experimental inquiry. The statement you make regarding the ability to change or alter information at will instantaneously does hold a little angst for me though.
So; one hundred a month hah? Not bad.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message