Home » Audio » General » Initial Listening Impressions of Yamaha ca-1010
Re: Initial Listening Impressions of Yamaha ca-1010 [message #26195 is a reply to message #26192] Sat, 18 September 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HI John,
I have only 2 years in this hobby. Your greater experience and your great attitude towards learning is exepmlary, and hence i think any ideas that come out of discussion with you would be benefical to all readers.

>In the third paragraph you state that SET's cause a reaction with >the speakers but If you re-read the post I wrote SS not SET's.
I meant SS. Sorry. Basically all i am saying is that leaner, high efficiency speakers like wide range setups and horns benefit from SET richness. Neutral speakers that are highly efficient, (if they existed..maybve the legacy focus? ) would probably make SETs too overpoweringly rich.
In general amp interaction with speaker is very important I think.

>If you observe any typical SE schematic you should see that one leg >of the transformer is fed from the bypass capacitor thereby forming >a feedback loop.
I think that's the grounded leg. If that's the case, it won't be a feedback loop. Caps block DC but pass AC untouched. A pure feedback loop with a cap only in an AC circuit won't work. We'll need a resistor as well, i think.

>The term Neutral to me implies that the amplifier; or any link in >the chain reproduces sound that does not deviate from the recorded >master tape. Is that an acceptable definition?
Yeah that works for me. That implies very low distortion and flat frequency, and a host of other measures some of which may be audible and some not.

thanx!
-akhilesh

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message