Home » Audio » General » Vicious Volvo
Re: Vicious Volvo [message #25354 is a reply to message #25352] Wed, 17 November 2004 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Hi Dave,

That's pretty cool. I've always had good luck with Alpine in the past. My favorite car sound system used Concorde AM/FM/cassette and Alpine amps driving JBL Pro speakers. A good metal or CrO2 tape in a Concorde deck is ruler flat out past 20kHz and smoooooth. They're sweet, but I haven't seen one around since the late 80's.

I always kept a supply of clutches for Concordes, which were built into the reels. I must have had three or four Concorde decks, not because I had trouble with them but just because I bought new cars and what not. Good memories.

I expect your Alpine CD must be pretty nice. I haven't checked them out lately, but their amps were always good. So I'll bet it sounds good.

I used to like to build speaker cabinets into the rear of the car and go all out on carsound gear. I'll have to admit that I haven't done it in a while. I'd still love JBL 2115's in the car, but it has become more important to me to keep the trim intact. So I can appreciate your using stock replacement speakers and choosing a good brand.

Wayne

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: volvo 240 advice
Next Topic: What's making my ears bleed?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 02:33:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio