Home » Audio » Speaker » Minor MG3.6R Crossover Upgrade
MG1.6QR Crossover Upgrade [message #24639 is a reply to message #24638] Fri, 12 November 2004 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The 1.6 crossover is very simple compard to the 3.6. You can find a schematic at http://www.integracoustics.com/MUG/MUG/tweaks/mag16.jpg

The tweeter section is a first order consisting only of a stack of Solen caps, which I replaced with a stack of Northcreeks. Total value is 22uF, which I achieved by combining the following: 15, 6, 1 (Crescendo film and foil cap) and 0.1 (also a crescendo). The woofer circuit is second order using a 3.5mH 19 ga iron core inductor and a 25uF shunt capacitor. I took the 22uF Solen stack from the tweeter circuit and added a 3uF multicap to make the required 25uF. I replaced the stock inductor with a Northcreek 12 ga 3.5mH air core inductor. The upgrade parts will not fit in the cutout where the stock crossover is installed, so I enclosed the parts in a 3X6X8" plastic box from Radio Shack which I attached to the back of the speaker where the original crossover was located.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Decware modded 206's
Next Topic: Getting test system soon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 15 04:57:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations