Home » Audio » Speaker » Wide-Range Drivers In A Line Array
Re: Wide-Range Drivers In A Line Array [message #24452 is a reply to message #24451] Tue, 17 June 2008 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Marlboro
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I'm not sure how the discussion might range since Russel's version has a very specific and proprietary equalization. I'm not sure that any DIY could match the equalization that he has on his system.

That said, I have three separate amps amplifying three separate arrays in my Calipso's. When I put them together, the first one completed was the midrange. So for awhile I listend to just the midrange operated as a full range(the SAMMI's are full range speakers). I was astounded by the quality and didn't really notice any comb filtering since when I listen I SIT STILL. The bass was great the high's were smooth.

Then I added the tweeters and discovered what I was missing in the high's. But it all still sounded great. and then I added the woofers and discovered the real missing bass.

I have a nice constant Q equalizer which I've never needed nor used. I've not heard Russell's speaker system.

Marlboro

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Fostex 208EΣ
Next Topic: Stereo woofer array vs Stereo sub
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 16 03:02:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations