Home » Audio » Speaker » Hey Guys, Where Do We Want to Take this Forum?
Conflict organized by the Moderator [message #24340 is a reply to message #24325] Sun, 11 May 2008 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lumpy is currently offline  Lumpy
Esquire
This is exactly what I was talking about above, and what Wayne suggested was the way of things.

This forum is becoming a refuge for manufacturers, not one for DIYers. The DIYers will leave and the manufacturers will stay, and the only purpse will be to display the manufacturer's products.

By having the moderator say: ".....my choice is always to buy the plans for a proven design by an expert like Jim, who has the knowledge, test equipment, and experienced ears needed to optimize a design. You pay a few dollars more, but you get a well designed speaker," you are clearly implying that someone who DIY's an array couldn't possibly have a well designed speaker.

Clearly, what the moderator's direction is, is to center discussion on the proven designs of certain manufacturers. This will drive the discussion away, and the DIYer's away.

Since I am a DIYer, it sure is driving me away.

Its all about what you want. You've made it pretty clear what you want, FredT.

Lumpy

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Controversy on tweeter's positioning
Next Topic: A power supply/ amp designer has offered to design a DIY amp to drive 0.75 ohm parallel arrays,,,,
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 12 06:28:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio