Home » Audio » Speaker » Controversy on tweeter's positioning
Controversy on tweeter's positioning [message #24275] Fri, 25 April 2008 07:29 Go to previous message
JPH is currently offline  JPH
Chancellor
Now that i've come up with a very good sound sysytem with the RS 8 line arrays from Rick : bi amping + powered subs all with behringer Xover, I've been pushing the speakers around to find the best placement in my room (wich is not a very easy task) specially when you have to switch the placement of the left and right speakers to find if the tweeter line would be better positioned inward ou outward.
I definetly prefer the outward position although most recomment the opposite, specially for better image , but I haven't noticed an improvement in the image with tweeter line inwards , but the overall sound seems better the opposite way .
I still dont understand the theory behind the tweeter line in or out difference and if any delay should be used for the outer driver's line wichever it is , and if theoretically it is better to keep the speakers facing 90 degrees forward or better give them a small tilt to the listening position , I really cant hear the difference very mush but I opted for the tilt position I am mentally more confortable with it , or does it very much depend on the room boundaries and volume/acoustics ?
JP

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: So I went ahead and built them. . .
Next Topic: Hey Guys, Where Do We Want to Take this Forum?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 09 01:21:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio