Home » Audio » General » New Geddes book on "Audio, Acoustics and Perception" - first chapter online
Re: You may be right, but [message #2424 is a reply to message #2422] Sat, 12 November 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Earl Geddes is currently offline  Earl Geddes
Master
I whole heartedly agree with all but your first point - "Pure subjective research should be it's own reward." I'm not sure sure what you mean, but I think that I do. Unfortunately that's the altrueistic philosophy which has keep any of this work from being done. As long as consumers continue to support the status quo with their purchasing dollars there will never be much work on "truth" as it can only hurt the industry financially.

We do what we can, but alas what we do alone is only a drop in the bucket for what needs to be done. And, along the way Lidia and I have found absolutely no support for our work, either from consumers or industry. It's really like no one cares. Read the posts on my site about our distortion metric to get a flavor for this reality.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message