Home » Audio » General » wrongsideofthetracks
Re: Excellent Show! Steve Brown, I called out your name twice! [message #2389 is a reply to message #2381] Sun, 06 November 2005 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I'm getting to know some the dealers as well as many of the buyers. Same faces every 3 months. A lot of interesting conversation about hunting, finding, losing and hunting some more for the elusive black discs.There are a lot of CD's for sale too.

And plenty of young collectors!

Just like E-Bay everything is "Mint" which is the stock joke and all the dealers are good-natured about it. Difference here is you can slide out the goods and check for condition.
There are constant announcements by Colleen of people seeking this or that album or CD or DVD, etc., and some of the requests are kinda funny. Definitely a 'Street Fair' atmosphere.

I had no trouble completely emptying my meager purse and came away with 22 albums, some unplayed and most in really excellent condition.

Scored a Soria Series Stereo LDS 2347 von Karajan and the Vienner's Mozart Symphonies K. 550 and 104. Also a White Album and Sgt. Peppers both with all the papers.

Ya know, most of these dealers are collectors who are driven to acquire vinyl and sell the dupes or what they themselves aren't interested in. They're happy to negotiate and would almost rather talk about it than sell it! Even tho' many come from Michigan and Indiana and one even drove down from Wisconsin. We got going on the subject of them (the dealers) being the Curators of our hobby and it's really true. Those at the show or on E-Bay keep vinyl from being tossed in dumpsters by providing a marketplace that benefits both buyers and sellers.

I'm going thru my goodies right now and they include:
Ella and Basie Verve V-4061
"Send In The Clowns" Sara Vaughan and the Count Basie Orchestra Pablo 2312
The Montreux Collection Pablo 2625
Tchaikowsky Concerto #1 Van Cliburn - Kondrashin LSC-2252 (Shaded Dog)
Beethoven "Emperor" Van Cliburn CSO/Reiner LSC-2562 (Shaded Dog)
Brahms #4 LSC-2297 Munch Boston (Shaded Dog) NSOP
CSN&Y "Deja Vu" perfect cover photo NSOP
John Lee Hooker "Live At Soledad Prison"
John Coltrane "Soultrane"
"Cendrillon" (Cinderella) Massenet - Von Stade, Gedda Columbia MS35194 NSOP
"Luci Di Lammermoor" Moffo, Bergonzi, RCA LM 6170

Time to fire up my $20 record cleaning machine!

Hope to see some of you at the next show February 4th, same location.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: The sacrilege of "Shuffle" taken to new lows