Home » Audio » Speaker » Got my line arrays on a web photo center.....finally!
Re: Got my line arrays on a web photo center.....finally! [message #23693 is a reply to message #23680] Sun, 29 April 2007 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Jim Griffin is currently offline  Jim Griffin
Master
Rick,

Perhaps not as bad as you are thinking. He is using 3" diameter mid-woofs with 4" pipe loading for each one. It would have been better to locate these drivers closer together so that the center to center spacing was smaller (I'm guessing about 5" c-t-c in his design). While with his crossover at 2650 Hz would create some potential combing issues for a low slope crossover, his active crossover likely has a high enough slope to minimize the crossover overlap region between the mid-woofs and tweeers. He does trim the flanges on the dome tweeters so that their c-t-c spacing is reduced. Hence, he pushes the coherent frequency coverage for the tweeters higher than you would have without those trimmed flanges.

He is a student of my white paper and suggestions which is a good start toward a cohesive line array. I'm sure that his next project will be improved but for a budget array it is a very good start IMO.

Jim

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message