Home » Audio » General » Be Careful When Playing CDs on Computers
Re: Napster [message #2364 is a reply to message #2363] Thu, 03 November 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Wheew; you don't ask the easy ones do you?
My view...you pay either way regardless. If you want a cheap bottle of beer; make it. It's not hard, just real messy.
But seriously; here's my take. There is media and we are consumers. If a radio station pays a liscensing fee they must act like a business and make money or get money from contributions.
We know that to be true. Now they filter content based upon what they can do to make the most money. Thats censoreship and we as citizens have the right to hear the things we support with our tax or consumer dollars.
My beef is not with the price of CD's because thats a choice I make whether to buy or not. But when the content is filtered for some gain then I am angry; therefor I will seek out the places where music is available and get it any way I can as is my right. Thats why I am happy they are finding some way to provide the music.
I am not so concerned about the 15$ for a cd; I don't see that as prohibitive; I just want to be able to get that CD. I have many regrets concerning money spent but few involve a CD that I may listen to hundreds of times at 45 min to an hour per side. Or even ten times.
Or never as is the case with quite a few lately.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message