Home » Audio » Speaker » Tell Us About the Array you built or are building......
Re: Tell Us About the Array you built or are building...... [message #23478 is a reply to message #23465] Mon, 26 February 2007 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ivor the Engine Driver is currently offline  Ivor the Engine Driver
Chancellor
I'm trying to develop a passive XOed version of an active XOed and equalized, open baffle array I built a few winters ago. It uses a 48-inch line of Dayton 3/4 Neo tweets(ND20FB -- the rear mount) and the old PartsExpress NSBs, with two 10-inch Peerless woofs in a push/pull configuration. I want to be able to do a direct comparison between the passive and active versions. Both are U-baffles. The active uses Behringer electronics, 2 AB International amps and one Yamaha 2200 amp.

Early results lead me to believe I can make the passive version sound just as good, if not better than the active pair, with a less complex crossover than I'd anticipated, with the XOs at 500/3200. Of course, I might as well weld the speakers into place, because it won't take much movement to require a re-engineering of the crossover.

Ultimately, I'd like to be able to build some room treatments and see if I can leave the XO the same, but be able to move the arrays into different rooms and achieve acceptable sound by tweaking only the various traps and diffusers.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Even more on slam - and imaging!
Next Topic: Relationship Between X Max And Efficiency Questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 12 03:33:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout