Home » Audio » Speaker » Rocky Mountain Show
I can make it for an even $5000.... and it'll be better. [message #23260 is a reply to message #23256] Fri, 27 October 2006 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Marlboro
Illuminati (1st Degree)
OK, Jim says the speaker is discontinued.

I couldn't find any of them in the USA, but in Australia you can get them for $47 US, which comes to a total of 2350 or so for the speakers. They use a dedicated equalizer, but what the heck lets buy a brand new top of the line Rane digital True-Q equalizer for them at $800 US$. Since they need no crossover, you don't need that. So you are up to 3100. Lets ask a skilled cabinet builder to build us a couple of boxes. Say $1500 a piece. Now we are up to $6100. Russell wants $18,000. WOW! This guy just got a cool 12 grand on each one.

But you need a current model speaker. Reproducing his stuff, I'd buy a Aurasound NS3-193.

("Aurasound NS3-193 - This driver has smooth response with minimal breakup and very low distortion. Bass distortion and extension are the lowest of the group, and a full +/- 5mm Xmax is almost unheard of for a driver of this size. If I had to pick one of these drivers to run without any filter at all, this would probably be the one. Don't get the wrong idea however - it will need a baffle step circuit. Also of special note is the frame - care will need to be taken to seal the frame to the enclosure. Due to it's design and high output, it's prone to rattling from air leakage. A small bead of rubber cement around the opening will solve that problem. Great little woofer---Zaphaudio: http://www.zaphaudio.com/minitest/" )

These are super little speakers and better than the ones he used in my opinion, are only $19 each, so the total would be just 950 bucks. We can now make an additional 1200 bucks when we sell them for 18 thou!

Marlboro

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Wire gauge to wire up all those speakers.
Next Topic: RAW Acoustics HT3 - Speaker Kit Review
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 00:51:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout