Home » Audio » Speaker » Selah Alexandrite
Re: Selah Alexandrite [message #22979 is a reply to message #22977] Thu, 13 April 2006 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Jim Griffin is currently offline  Jim Griffin
Master
JP,

The question is how do you make a small fortune in the speaker building business?

First you start with a large fortune and ......

The high end loudspeaker business is very fragmented with numerous small manufacturers competing for a declining market (car audio and home theater are the biggies these days). The low and middle portion of the speaker market is controlled by the big box retailers who demand low price foreign made products. One would not wish those market directions on a new business venture.

My personal question was did I wish to screw-up my retirement from a 30+ years engineering career by going into the speaker building business?

My decision was to use develop my audio/acoustics knowledge while using some of those engineering skills after I retired from the aerospace field. Thus I do the engineering for speaker designs, develop speaker prototypes for my own usage, share my designs with others, and finally have no regrets on starting a production line. I'm my own boss.

Jim

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Behringer and Arrays
Next Topic: New open baffle bass driver
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 07 22:02:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects